Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What I Wish

I wish I'd been told that teaching wasn't primary in grad school; I would've worked harder to make room for it.
I wish I'd listened to people who said that undergrad was a time to experiment; I might have a better idea of what I want to do with my life.
I wish I wouldn't listen so much to "them." They say I'm too fat, they say I'm too old, they say I'm too lazy, they say I'm doing everything wrong.
I wish I didn't care so much about what real people think of me; I wouldn't feel such a pressing need to explain all the time.
I wish I had more confidence; I wouldn't drag my feet so much if I thought I could do it.
I wish I had a thicker shell; I wouldn't drag my feet so much if I wasn't so afraid of failure.
I wish I had more creativity; I wouldn't write such a boring whiny post.

*******

A framework for another entry: unpacking. Now if I'd had a thesis sentence to unpack, this might've been a more interesting post....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home