Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Luuurve Memes

Yes, this is supposed to be a Write, Dammit! blog, but I got nothin' today. So, A Meme**:

1) Who is the last person you high-fived? Mmm, I think it was a small child
2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive? Nope.
3) Do you sleep with the TV on? Nope.
4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton? I don't think so?
5) Have you ever won a spelling bee? Nope.
6) Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yes! I hate creepy crawly things because I'm afraid they're bees. And don't let anyone tell you bumblebees don't sting.
7) How fast can you type? A lot faster than I ever thought I would.
8) Are you afraid of the dark? Yes and no. Depends on where & who's with me.
9) What color are your eyes? Blue.
10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? I don't think I've ever even been to a drive-in
11) When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower? "Chose"? Well, "chose" would be every time. But I don't have the time to choose.
12) Do you knock on wood? Yes, but as a joke.
13) Do you floss daily? No
14) What happened to question #14? This is one of those things to test humor, right?
15) Can you hula hoop? No.
16) Are you good at keeping secrets? Like B*, I can't keep my own. As for others', so long as I remember they're secrets, I can keep them.
17) What do you want for Christmas? Finished quals & a well-on-its-way dissertation! Oh, wait. No one can give that to me.
18) Do you know the Muffin Man? Or creativity?
19) Do you talk in your sleep? Yes. I can't scream in dreams because I'm doing it out loud & some part of me knows that & is trying to stay quiet for others' sakes.
20) Who wrote the book of love? Maybe it's the fast-thinking. I don't have any of that either.
21) Have you ever flown a kite? Totally.
22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? Almost always
23) Do you consider yourself successful? I'm a grad student; of course I don't.
24) How many people are on your contact list of your cell? A lot more than I regularly contact.
25) Have you ever asked for a pony? I don't think so.
26) Plans for tomorrow? Trying yet again to get lots done.
27) Can you juggle? Nope.
28) Missing someone now? Yes-ish.
29) When was the last time you told someone I Love You? This morning
30) And truly meant it? Of course.
31) How often do you drink? I drink water & milk on a daily basis.
32) How are you feeling today? Anxious. Stressed.
33) What do you say too much? (That is a fine, fine question.)
34) Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? No.
35) What are you looking forward to? Getting home tonight
36) Have you ever crawled through a window? Hm. I don't think so. I know people who have, but I don't think I've done it myself.
37) Have you ever eaten dog food? Ick, no.
38) Can you handle the truth? Not really.
39) Do you like green eggs and ham? Again with the humor
40) Any cool scars? Like Brightstar says -- cool? I have scars, but I wouldn't say they're "cool."

**Stolen from Brightstar, hence the numerous references to her answers. As well as an answer (or maybe two, or maybe 10) she made that were just too perfect to change.

And since I'm phoning it in, I thought of another style-over-substance example. I know, it was yesterday and I know, I said I'd learn to let things go, but this one really eats my crumbcakes. The tv show NUMB3RS on CBS has a math professor as one of the main characters, and he's an expert in every kind of math. I mean... who's an expert in every sub-field???

1 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

steal away! :)

9:05 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home