Friday, July 21, 2006

Lurv Me'sa Meme

I can't seem to find time to formulate a coherent post on all the things annoying me, so I'll do the minor meme form instead. I've seen it at Anastasia's among others.

1. Grammatical pet peeve:
"[modifier] unique." People. "Unique" is one of a kind. You can't be "very" one of a kind. That's like being a little bit pregnant.

2. Household pet peeve:
Hm. This one's harder. Of course, I'm not the one who takes care of the household.

3. Arts & Entertainment pet peeve:
Okay, it's been done to death I'm sure, but I am so very sick of women being sticks. (That might be a little stronger than a peeve...)

4. Liturgical pet peeve:
I'm not religious, so I can't really have one.

5. Wild card:
I was going to devote a single entry to this before I saw this meme: poorly designed restrooms. Is it really so hard to get faucets that hang over the sink, so you don't bang your hands on the back trying to wash them? Bonus: automatic-turn-off faucets that don't stay on long enough to rinse your hands.

Bonus: Things that I do that become other people's pet peeves?
As I said, I don't take care of the household, so I'm sure there's a whole list there. I think I might go on too long when I talk. I can't think of any others. (That's not to say I don't think I have any other faults, just that I can't think of any that cause others merely peevish reactions.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home