Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Best-Laid Plans

Every day I come in with a plan. Currently, the plan is to do the easiest of three papers that I have due by the end of the summer. But no matter what the specifics are, I come in and say: I'm going to do work today! I'm going to read my work e-mail, not open the web-browser, and I'm going to work!
This never happens. Of course, because then I would have to be one of the productive, useful members of society, and what would I do when I failed?
I did manage to not read all my bloglines for a day or so, but now I'm catching up on those instead of writing the paper. I'm thinking about An Annoying List for the blog, because to find something positive to talk about would be too much trouble -- and also too identifying. I'm playing endless sudoku, even though it's getting boring.
And the paper? which I could probably whip out in a day, if I was really honest about it? (because it's that easy of a paper, not because I'm that good.)
Still not getting done.

2 Comments:

Blogger post-doc said...

We have stuff in common! It took me 3 weeks to get to a protocol change that I completed this morning in about 5 minutes. I knew it would be straightforward, but I don't know why I put it off for so long. I'm wishing you much luck on getting through those papers though. :)

5:43 PM EDT  
Blogger ceresina said...

Thanks! It's really annoying, though, right? Because no matter how many times you tell yourself "Just DO it, already!" you don't seem to.
Or, well, I don't.

11:23 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home