Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Teaching Can Be Fun!

I got my teacher's version of the book today. It doesn't come with just-a-book. Oh, no. It also has:
-a student study guide
-a paper test bank
-an electronic test bank
-an instruction book on how to make power-point slides
-a disk of power-point slides
-a binder of lectures.

I don't even have to come up with a syllabus: it tells me how!

Who knew teaching could be so easy!

**********************************

While I'm shocked, or flabbergasted, or something, by the excessive laziness and incompetency these additional, um, resources imply, I am nonetheless glad to have them. If I'd had a semester, or even two weeks, to prepare, I could read the book and come up with all the summary information on my own; with two days, I will take all the help I can get.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe i'm using the wrong stuff, but i've never found those additional study guides/CDs/chapter summaries/etc to be very helpful.

but then again, the intro classes that i've taught typically take a lot of detours onto related topics that i find interesting/amusing/hysterical. which is what teaching science at that level should be about. at least, i think so :)

5:02 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home