Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cleaning

I don't clean. I just don't. My husband has to cajole, threaten, plead, guilt trip, beg to get me to help him do maintenance like vacuuming or dishes. So if I start cleaning things, you know it has to be a Really Big Mess.
This weekend, we cleaned an area of our house that had become a sort of box room. I had wanted to use it in part for my craft-work; there's unfinished things from over three years ago that I'd like to get done. But it's hard to find time to craft, and it's hard to find room to put stuff in our house, so the space had become a catch-all for stuff we didn't know what to do with at the moment. It's beautiful, now. There's a floor, and I can almost get at the craft materials; all that's in the way is other craft stuff. Soon, I'll clean off the desk that had been meant for me to do real work, as well as crafts, and I can finish some things. It's very exciting.
I also cleaned my advisor's general area at school. I wasn't feeling entirely altruistic; my cubicle is in this area, and I have to walk through the group area to get to it. This wasn't so much a question of mess. While my desk was becoming impossible to work at, the general area was more of a procrastination. But it looks better, and I feel like I did something, even though it wasn't academic.
It even inspired me to blog.
I'll sign off with another good spam name: Novice B. Unless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Yay for you!
I keep meaning to clean up my desk, because it's a hideous mess, but then I think I should be doing real work instead. Of course, I just end up reading blogs, anyway...

3:17 PM EDT  
Blogger ceresina said...

Oh, no. Clean up your desk, definitely. It seems much more like real work than reading blogs, and you can pretend you really did something!!

8:14 PM EDT  
Blogger Maisha said...

lol...you funny...

4:47 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home